Once an obituary is shared on Facebook, it won't be updated if you change any details on your site. But there is a way to make sure you're sharing the correct obituary information.
1. Access your administrator settings by visiting www.yourwebsitename.com/admin and entering your username and password.
2. Update the obituary with the new, correct information and save it.
3. Go to your Facebook page and delete the incorrect obituary by clicking or tapping the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the post and selecting Delete.
4. On your funeral home's website, navigate to the obituary and copy the URL.
5. Go to developers.facebook.com, click the More menu, then select Tools.
6. Click Sharing Debugger, and paste the URL of the new, corrected obituary.
7. Click Debug, then Scrape Again.
8. Navigate back to your website to the new, corrected obituary, and under the main obituary photo click the Facebook icon to share it again to your Facebook page.